Transfer FIT Seminar
Designing Your Academic Experience for Life Success!
This course is designed to connect first-semester transfer students to the Charlotte campus community and establish familiarity with all the campus offers, such as resources, academic support, research opportunities, and career readiness. As transfer students have a shorter time to graduation, the goal of this course is to conceptualize your time at Charlotte, make a plan and get acclimated to campus life.
Topics included in the course:
- Campus learning management systems (Canvas)
- Advising & support systems (Connect/Navigate)
- Academic planning
- Academic support resources
- Financial literacy
- Resume & career preparation
- Community building
Transfer FIT Course Details:
- Transfer FIT is an immersive 3-credit hour course. The bulk of the course and its commitments occur during the week prior to the start of the fall semester; giving students an opportunity to spend time on campus a week early. The asynchronous portion of the course begins on the first day of the fall semester and wraps up after the first two weeks of the semester.
- August 11th – 19th will consist of full days of presentations, community-building activities, and class time.
- August 20th – September 13th will have asynchronous assignments utilizing the information and resources presented in class during the first week.
- After September 13th you will only have your other fall course commitments.
- Students planning to live on campus are able to move in early!
- Note: You do not need to be living on campus to participate in Transfer FIT!
Click here to learn more about the FIT experience and register!